[BioC] Drosophila tiling array background correction

Benjamin Lansdell lansdell at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Jul 16 02:53:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have been trying to analyse drosophila development tiling arrays
using Bioconductor. In particular I would like to perform some form
of background correction for probe affinities (such as GCRMA) and
then quantile normalisation but have been unable to find any packages
that can do so without a .cdf file. I have a collection of .cel files
and a .bpmap file.

I know the package oligo can perform RMA using a package that you
build from a .bpmap file but this isn't quite what I want.

Is it possible to create the necessary structures myself (AffyBatch,
something that contains the probe sequences, etc) for use with the
many packages that seem to rely on a .cdf file?

Thanks in advance,
Ben