[BioC] ReadAffy crashes on mac

Luo Weijun luo_weijun at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 20 04:24:44 CEST 2008

Thanks, Henrik.
I load affyio package alone; read.celfile.header worked fine, but not read.celfile. I paste the session below.
Could Ben look at this issue? Please let me know if you need anything. Thanks a lot!
Weijun

…
> celFiles <- list.files(path='~/bmpEarly',pattern="[.](c|C)(e|E)(l|L)$",full.names=TRUE)
> header2<-read.celfile.header(celFiles)
> header2
$cdfName
[1] ""

$`CEL dimensions`
[1] -1945894912 -1945894912

> cel2<-read.celfile(celFiles)

 *** caught bus error ***
address 0x1285000, cause 'invalid alignment'

Traceback:
 1: .Call("R_read_cel_file", filename, intensity.means.only, PACKAGE = "affyio")
 2: read.celfile(celFiles)

Possible actions:
1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
2: normal R exit
3: exit R without saving workspace
4: exit R saving workspace
R(27434) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x1129320; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment
variable MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
R(27434) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x112b500; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment
variable MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
Selection: 1
aborting ...
Bus error

> sessionInfo()