[BioC] problem with read.table

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Mon Jul 21 19:13:21 CEST 2008

Since you do not follow the posting guide and provide sessionInfo (nor
identify yourself), there is little anyone can do to help, the problem
is almost sure operator error (neither the released nor current devel
versions of R gives me the result you are claiming), and if not, it is
an R problem, not a bioconductor one and you should be posting there,
not here

Robert

carol white wrote:
> t = read.table ("my_file", check.names = FALSE, header = T)
> gives the same result, modifying duplicate names.
>
> Carol

Robert Gentleman, PhD
Program in Computational Biology
Division of Public Health Sciences