[BioC] Dmel. Gene Chip 2 tiling array CDF ; Drosophila melanogaster BDGP Release 5 annotation

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Thu Jul 31 02:21:14 CEST 2008

Hi Mythily,

Our annotation packages are currently based upon a combination of
sources from repositories at NCBI, UCSC, and Flybase to name a few.  We
do not presently gather any data from the BDGP.  However, if you go the
the BDGP website, I notice that they will actually refer you to flybase
for the latest annotations so perhaps what we offer is not far from what
you had in mind after all?

You can learn more about how to use our annotation packages here.  And
since it sounds like you want a custom annotation package, you should be
able to build one by following the instructions in the SQLForge vignette
at this same website:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.2/bioc/html/AnnotationDbi.html

Let me know if you have further questions,

  Marc