[BioC] rgug4130a

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Thu Jul 31 02:31:14 CEST 2008

Weiwei Shi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about an Agilent rat platform. We are studying a
> cross-platform issue and one of the platform is using G4130A, which bench
> scientists provide as limited information. I guess it is rgug4130a but how
> could I confirm this? what rgug stands for?
>
> btw, what's the difference between rgug4130a.db and rgug4130a? Is there any
> general readme for annotation packages?
>
> Thanks,

Hi Weiwei,

I cannot tell you very much about the etymology of the name since it was
named well before I got here, but I do think that "rgug4130a.db" is the
package you want.  If you still have doubts you should be able to check
the probes in the package against the probes that are on your platform
to verify that this is the one you want.

As for your other question, the package that you want to use is always
the one that ends with ".db".  These are the newer format for these
packages, and the older style will not be around much longer.

You can find out more information by reading the vignettes at this website:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.2/bioc/html/AnnotationDbi.html

Please let me know if you need additional help,

  Marc