[BioC] using genomic DNA as universal reference

oliveros at cnb.csic.es oliveros at cnb.csic.es
Thu Jun 5 22:46:54 CEST 2008

Jin,

Yes, I assume that gDNA distributions are comparable between arrays. I
also assume that the RNA channel distributions are similar too. BUT I can
not assume that both types are also similar (this is the main point).

I am not sure that Gquantile will be correct here because that method
modifies also the Red channel (in order to leave logRatios unchanged)...

I just make two separate tables, one for each type of sample, and
normalize them separately (I use normalize.quantiles from Affy package
with each table).

Regards,

Juan Carlos Oliveros
http://bioinfogp.cnb.csic.es