[BioC] lumiHumanAll.db, GOstats

Al Ivens alicat at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Jun 10 07:40:19 CEST 2008

Hi,

Working with the Illumina Human WG6 chips, and lumiHumanAll.db. After
linear model fitting and clustering, I have identified a cluster of ~130
loci that show an interesting profile.  However, as 125 of them have no
GeneName or EntrezID, I am struggling to figure out what they might be
biologically.

>From a closer inspection of lumiHumanALl.db, I find that approx. half of
the features have no EntrezID, so I wasn't just unlucky with the
constituents of my cluster!

Does anyone have any recommendations as to the best approach to get
around this problem (which came to light when I tried to run GOstats,
which requires EntrezID for mapping of terms)?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,