[BioC] affy won't load

jason smith sjorges2002 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 01:43:52 CEST 2008

Thanks Steve,

I checked, and the files (affy and related) are installed on my computer, however when I attempt to load them into R I get the error mentioned previously (reminder below):

> > Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
> >  unable to load shared library
> '/Users/sjorges2002/Library/R/2.7/library/affy/libs/i386/affy.so':
> > dlopen(/Users/sjorges2002/Library/R/2.7/library/affy/libs/i386/
> >affy.so, 6): Library not loaded:
> /usr/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib
> >  Referenced from:/Users/sjorges2002/Library/R/2.7/library/affy/libs/
> > i386/affy.so
> >  Reason: image not found
> > Error in library(affy) : .First.lib failed for'affy'

I'm not sure what is happening - all of the files are in the correct folders on my hard drive, but for some reason library(affy) fails. Will installing/enabling gettext address this?

Best
Jason