[BioC] affy won't load

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 16 03:53:23 CEST 2008

for what it is worth , i ran into this problem with
a student recently -- inexplicable change from day to day,
affy loading well on one day and then generating this error
on the next. this was macosx 10.5.3 and i simply don't know if some
update was done in the mean time

to solve it we took the following steps.  1) install Xcode tools 3.0
2) install darwinports; sudo port install gettext
3) biocLite("affy", type="source")

i don't know if part 2 is necessary.  but it did get affy loading
and running on this system.

---
Vince Carey, PhD
Assoc. Prof Med (Biostatistics)
Harvard Medical School
Channing Laboratory - ph 6175252265 fa 6177311541
181 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115 USA
stvjc at channing.harvard.edu