[BioC] affy won't load

Mon Jun 16 04:02:58 CEST 2008

The warning you get does not really matter. I assume you are
installing the binary version of R on a "standard" system, not
something like iNquery.

I am at a bit of a loss here. My version of affy does not link against
that library, but I am on ppc. Could you try to do the following from
Terminal
# otool -L affy.so
(where you have navigated to the folder where affy.so is, see your
output). Have you installed the developer tools? And the stuff you get
when you click "customize" during the R installation? Still, that
should not be necessary. And could you please check (in R) what the
pkgType option is set to?

Kasper