[BioC] affy won't load

khansen at stat.Berkeley.EDU khansen at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Jun 16 07:45:08 CEST 2008

> Kasper,
>
> Yes it is a standard system intel core 2 duo, MacBook 3,1; 2.2GHZ; 4GB
> RAM. xcode 3.0 installed. I did not install anything 'customized'. In R:
>
>> options("pkgType")
> $pkgType
> [1] "mac.binary"
>
> Here is the result of otool in terminal:
> jason-smiths-macbook:~ sjorges2002$ otool -L affy.so
> otool: can't open file: affy.so (No such file or directory)
>
> But I can navigate to this file:
> Users/sjorges2002/Library/R/2.7/library/affy/libs/i386/affy.so
> affy.so is a 100KB Unix executable in i386

Could you actually run otool -L on that file in your Library folder?

> Vincent Carey said that they had to install Darwin ports, sudo ports, and
> gettext to fix this issue. However, since I am not a programmer/developer
> I don't have a C compiler or know how to use xcode to do this.

Yeah, I saw Vince email. It looks really strange I must say, especially
him noting that the problem suddenly appeared.

You should not have to install gettext at all and certainly not from
Darwinports. I am very bewildered by this. Try to run the otool command.
We might have to look into the building process for macs.

Kasper