[BioC] Find Affy probes within a particular region

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Tue Jun 17 17:21:28 CEST 2008

Hi,

I was wondering what the best way to find which Affymetrix probes are
within a specific genomic region (chromosome, start, stop).  I am not
sure if Biomart nor the annotation.db can do this as they both go to
some common ID first.  The annotation.db stuff seems to only have one
position information too.  The other option is to dwonload the
annotation file from Affymetrix and load that in, but I would prefer to
avoid that if at all possible.

Has anyone got any ideas.

Many thanks

Daniel Brewer, Ph.D.

Institute of Cancer Research
Molecular Carcinogenesis
Email: daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the a...{{dropped:2}}