[BioC] Using genefilter

Nathan.Watson-Haigh at csiro.au Nathan.Watson-Haigh at csiro.au
Thu Jun 19 06:28:51 CEST 2008

I've managed to use genefilter to generate an array of FALSE and TRUE's
for the affy bovine array I'm working with:

-- start code --
# expSet.RNA.RMAqndata is an ExpressionSet object with log2 expression
values

f1<-anyNA
f2<-kOverA(16, log2(100))   # filter out genes with low/no expression
over all arrays
ff<-filterfun(f1,f2)
wh<-genefilter(expSet.RNA.RMAqndata, ff)
sum(wh)      # number of genes passing the filter
-- end code --

I was wondering if someone could shed light on how to use the wh array
downstream with things such as limma etc.

Thanks
Nathan

Dr. Nathan S. Watson-Haigh        (publish under Haigh, N.S.)
OCE Post Doctoral Fellow
CSIRO Livestock Industries
J M Rendel Laboratory
Rockhampton
QLD 4701                              Tel: +61 (0)7 4923 8121
Australia                             Fax: +61 (0)7 4923 8222