[BioC] Using genefilter

Nathan.Watson-Haigh at csiro.au Nathan.Watson-Haigh at csiro.au
Fri Jun 20 01:13:30 CEST 2008

I only just came across affycoretools yesterday and haven't ready the
whole vignette yet, so, bearing that in mind....

I'm using the affystart function and wanted to look at some QC plots
from various normalisations. I found that after performing RMA
normalisations, I had to move the files ("Density plot.pdf" and
"Digestion plot.pdf") to an "rma" dir before doing gcrma normalisation
to stop the files being clobbered. Allowing one to define a filename
prefix e.g. "rma_" and/or specifying a dir to save the files to would be
handy.

While I'm at it, I also have another suggestion:

Would it possible to add the option to specify the sample names to be
used in the charts. Currently, I get awful CEL filenames/path as the
sample names. After the eSet is created, I use
"sampleNames(eSet)<-Names" and then generate the PCA plot. However, once
the eSet is created, I can't generate the density or degradation plots
to rectify this.

Cheers
Nathan