[BioC] GO.db

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jun 20 14:59:44 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 8:34 AM, Heike Pospisil
<pospisil at zbh.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:
> Hello Sean,
>
> On Friday 20 June 2008 14:06, you wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 7:42 AM, Heike Pospisil
>>
>> <pospisil at zbh.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:
>> > Dear Bioconductors,
>> >
>> > I am going to use GO annotation libraries. Unfortunately, I did not
>> > succed in loading the package GO.db. I have got the following error
>> > message:
>> >
>> > Error in checkDBSCHEMA(dbconn, "GO_DB") :
>> >  invalid DB schema version (found 0.9, expected 1.0)
>> > Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'GO.db'
>> > Error: package/namespace load failed for 'GO.db'
>> >
>> > Does someone know which package is needed or what is going wrong with my
>> > libraries? The sessionInfo is given at the end of this email.
>>
>> I would suggest using biocLite() to do the installation and then try again.
>

> Thanks for your suggestion. I guess it was a problem with sqlite and wrong
> paths to sqlite. A superuser installation of GO.db  wie biocLite() was the
> solution. It's a pity that it have to been done (only) by the superuser, but
> it works now...

Good to hear that it is working for you.  However, you should be able
to install GO.db and friends just fine as something other than
superuser.  The path to the SQLite database is relative to the
installation location.  Let us know if you find out otherwise.

Sean