[BioC] Working with Affymetrix Files

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Jun 24 15:13:44 CEST 2008

Hi AA,

A A wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am very new to using R and Bioconductor, so please bare with me.  I
> have Affymetrix files that are in CEL format and i am trying to
> convert them into text files so that I can work with them.  I have
> been trying to use the command justSNPRMA, but I am not sure what to
> do after I run the command.  I tried searching on the net to see if
> there were step-by-step instructions for doing this, but I have not
> been successful.  Would someone direct me to such a site or explain
> this process to me?

You might want to look at the posting guide, as this message fails to
meet even the minimum requirements. Some questions for you:

1.) What kind of Affymetrix files?

2.) What does 'work with them' mean?

3.) What (exact) code have you tried?

4.) What is your output from sessionInfo()?

5.) Who are you (anonymous questions are less likely to be answered)?

Best,

Jim

> Thanks,
>
> AA