[BioC] .qcdef file

ucbtagi at ucl.ac.uk ucbtagi at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jun 24 17:13:38 CEST 2008

Dear all,
I am using AffyQCReport on my Drosophila  Genome2 genechip data, and get
this error message:

Could not find array definition file ' drosophila2cdf.qcdef '. Simpleaffy
does not know the QC parameters for this array type.
See the package vignette for details about how to specify QC parameters
manually.
Calls: qc -> qc -> qc.affy -> setQCEnvironment
Execution halted

I have downloaled the drosophila2cdf package and then, according to the
vignette and the forum mails I ve seen so far, I should create a
drosophila2cdf.qcdef file myself. The thing is, i do not know how
parameters alpha, spike in etc should be set for the drosophila array, it
is quite logic that the example text in the vignette can be different as
it refers to the humam array... So fist question is, what exactly is this
.qcdef file, and how do i write it for my arrays?
Second, where do i save it? Here is user's recommendations on the forum, I
am wondering if those are applicable:

" Copy and paste the text below into bovinecdf.qcdef and save in
RHOME/library/simpleaffy/extdata. Eg.
/usr/local/lib/R/library/simpleaffy/extdata/bovinecdf.qcdef"

Thank you for help!

Gioti Anastasia
Institute of Healthy Ageing, and GEE
Room 326, The Darwin Building