[BioC] Rcurl 0.8-1 update for bioconductor 2.7

Patrick Aboyoun paboyoun at fhcrc.org
Tue Jun 24 19:01:52 CEST 2008

Bob,
I am not sure what caused the download issue you experienced. Sometimes
there are some "hidden" firewall issues that may have prevented you from
downloading the Windows binary package. I just checked on my computer
and was able to grab RCurl from the bioconductor website.

 > source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
 > biocLite("RCurl")
Running biocinstall version 2.2.9 with R version 2.7.0
Your version of R requires version 2.2 of BioConductor.
Warning in install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies =
dependencies,  :
  argument 'lib' is missing: using
'C:\Users\patrick\Documents/R/win-library/2.7'
trying URL
'http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.2/extra/bin/windows/contrib/2.7/RCurl_0.9-3.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 1329482 bytes (1.3 Mb)
opened URL
downloaded 1.3 Mb

package 'RCurl' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded packages are in
        C:\Users\patrick\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmplphLQ6\downloaded_packages
updating HTML package descriptions
 > library(RCurl)
 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.7.0 (2008-04-22)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] RCurl_0.9-3

[1] tools_2.7.0

If you are still having problems, could you send me more information
(offline if necessary) and maybe we can pin down what the issue is?

Patrick