[BioC] affycoretools vennSelect problem

Nick Henriquez nhenriqu at ion.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jun 25 12:48:00 CEST 2008

Dear Paedar,

I don't actually know the Vennselect wrapper but I find that when I export
contrasts of Venn diagrams from Limma I always get the FULL diagram (e.g. 1,
0, -1, 0, 1) for each probe set on my chip and in the order of the imported
genelist. I presume this is so I can safely "reattach" the annotations,
expression levels and all sorts of other info which is missing from the
Venntable, and this is precisely what I use it for. Subsequent ordering by
p-value, contrast, contrast combinations, in the spreadsheet program of
choice allows me to follow up on all sorts of subsets.

So I assume you will find Vennselect provides the full list, just like my
"old" version. If you don't want the rest- you can always delete it ;-)

If you only got the selected genes (some of) the annotation might possibly
still be present, but I certainly don't want to be the one who re-inserts
all the extra information I had before I imported the file into R/BioC. Not
if there are more than a few genes and I tend to get 100s. Also I find it
interesting to see that e.g. geneX only JUST falls out of my cutoff etc.

Best regards,

Nick

Message: 2