[BioC] Gene Pre-filtering

Talloen, Willem [PRDBE] WTALLOEN at PRDBE.JNJ.COM
Fri Jun 27 11:41:42 CEST 2008

I believe gene filtering is advisable as long as you do NOT USE THE LABELS of the arrays.
You should however always remain cautious not being too stringent; a low FDR is nice but useless if you excluded some of the interesting genes.

Another powerfull gene filtering method using probe level info for Affy chips is I/NI calls
http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/21/2897

Willem