[BioC] Agilent 4x44k annotation file

Francois Pepin fpepin at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon Mar 3 19:32:15 CET 2008

Sean Davis wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 7:04 AM, Daniel Brewer <daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Just a quick one.  Is there an annotation package for the standard
>>  Agilent human 4x44k microarray.  I was looking in the packages section
>>  on the website and couldn't find anything.
>
> I believe it is the hgug4112a package.  The 4x44k is just the 44k
> printed 4 times, so there is not a special annotation package besides
> the standard 44k one.

Sean is correct about the hgug4112a package. The sequences for
non-control probes are the same for both chips. But the control probes
are different, the probes are in different positions and sometimes in
different number of replicates.

I'm just mentioning this because combining arrays from 1x44k and 4x44k
is not trivial.

Francois