[BioC] heatmap.2 coloring question

Srinivas Iyyer srini_iyyer_bio at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 20:35:31 CET 2008

Thank you ! It worked.

apologies for not asking last time another question.

Is it possible to recreate a GSEA's Leading edge grid
figure in R.

I have a matrix of values based on NES(normalized
enrichment scores) from various GSEA runs (not just
one run).

I combined all runs with rows as enriched gene sets
and columns as my gene expression studies.

I want to re-create a figure just like what GSEA
leading edge plots look like. I tried using heatmap
and heatmap.2 and they are not that appropriate for
this representation.

Is it possible to create grid and color each cells
with a color code based on normalized enrichment
scores.

thanks
Srini

--- "James W. MacDonald" <jmacdon at med.umich.edu>
wrote:

>  From ?colorpanel in gplots:
>
> showpanel <- function(col)
>       {
>         image(z=matrix(1:100, ncol=1), col=col,
> xaxt="n", yaxt="n" )
>       }
> showpanel(colorpanel(40, "blue","white","yellow"))
>
> Best,
>
> Jim
>

> Srinivas Iyyer wrote:
> > Dear group,
> > I am using heatmap.2 for heatmaps.
> >
> > heatmap.2(res1,cexRow = 0.28,cexCol=0.28

,col=rev(heat.colors(16)),keysize=1,na.color=par("bg"),densadj