[BioC] What should happen to control probe information in beadlevel Illumina analyses?

Simon Lin simonlin at duke.edu
Mon Mar 10 17:31:55 CET 2008

Hi Alice,

Reasonable to exclude them from analysis. In a hypothesis-testing framework,
you can ignore all the control probes, because we are not interested in
their differential expression at all.

If you choose to include them, it is an empirical way to empirical your
false discovery rate, because we know that they should not show up.

Simon