[BioC] A question about within-array replicates with limma

Wei Xu xuwei3 at msu.edu
Tue Mar 11 18:03:01 CET 2008

Hi, all,

I have question about the within-array replicates analysis with limma.

The replicates for each spot in my cDNA microarray are irregular-spaced.
There are 3 replicates for each spot, which are randomly distributed in
the array. When I entitled "irregular=True, ndup=3, spacing=1", I
thought the space will be counted automatically based on gene IDs.
However, in the output table, I can still find some genes listed twice
with different values (i.e. B values, p-values, etc). Did I do anything
wrong with that? I went through lots of examples online, and most
samples with replicated spots are regulated spaced. Could you please
tell me what I am supposed to do with this kind of problem? I really
appreciate it. Thanks.

Wei