[BioC] Affymetrix Human Exon Array MPS and PS files contain different probeset groups

Michal Okoniewski michal.okoniewski at fgcz.ethz.ch
Wed Mar 12 09:08:04 CET 2008

Susan, Daniel,

I have checked the exon probesets for the gene that you mentioned (PTENP1)
with XMAP and exonmap. Probably the first list includes exonic probesets
known by Affy
at design time, the second exonics and intronics.
See and compare:  http://xmap.picr.man.ac.uk/#10/89623900/15/h
then click the gene name, then click on "Matching Probesets".
So maybe it is not discrepancy, just different annotation...
And why don't you use full annotation, but core, which is just a
fraction of probesets?

Best,
Michal