[BioC] How to get ENTREZID from Gene symbol in bioconductor

Srinivas Iyyer srini_iyyer_bio at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 23:11:22 CET 2008

Dear Marc,
thanks for the tip.

I obtained gene symboles from hgug133plus2SYMBOL env
(from probesets if u133plus2).

I do not have have data matrix for these genes. I just
have only list of gene symbols.

Is there a way to juggle between SYMBOL <-> PROBEsetID
<-> SYMBOL/ENTREZID/....and rest of all
functionalities.

> xx = mget(msba, revmap(org.Hs.egSYMBOL))
Error in .checkKeys(value, Rkeys(x), x at ifnotfound) :
invalid key "KNTC2"

I get the error with org.Hs.egSYMBOL.

Thanks
Srini