[BioC] beadarray_1.7.6. problem/error with readBeadSummaryData()

Mark Dunning md392 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 18 17:23:28 CET 2008

Hi Christian,

This script was a bit outdated I'm afraid. The package was recently
changed so that it would use the ProbeID column in the input files to
give a unique row name in the resulting ExpressionSet. Unfortunately,
the file provided with the package did not have this column, hence R
gives an error when we try and assign a vector of length 0 to the
names of a matrix.

If you add the argument ProbeID= "TargetID" to readBeadSummaryData it
should work. Thanks to Vince Carey for also pointing this error out
and the solution.

There is also a problem in the code where we try and use BiomaRT to
get information about a set of probes. The vector illuids passed to
getBM is never defined. However, if you set to something appropriate
(maybe the rownames of the topTable output) then this command should
work fine also.

I will update the script shortly with these changes.

Hope this helps,

Mark