[BioC] nimblegen ChIP to chip array

Simon Knott knott at usc.edu
Wed Mar 19 16:16:40 CET 2008

Hello Dr. Tamir

I'm working with nimblegen tiling arrays and I am dealing with some
normalization issues. In looking into the problem, I noticed a thread
on the bioconductor message board where you stated that after some
tests and discussion, you advise against loess normalization when
using these arrays. I too have noticed some problems (via the
MAPlots) when I used Loess normalization. Qualitatively I'd say that
my data looks better and more reproducible when I only use the
Nimblegen normalization. Could you elaborate on the issues that
you've noticed when using loess on the nimblegen arrays??

Best Regards

Simon Knott
PHD Student
University of Southern California
Department of Computational and Molecular Biology