[BioC] BiomaRt error: ncol(result) == length(attributes) is not TRUE

Steffen Durinck SDurinck at lbl.gov
Fri Mar 28 16:00:06 CET 2008

Dear Quin,

I'm surprised you sometimes get different amounts of annotation and that sometimes you get clearly incorrect results with biomaRt.  Could you give examples of this so we can further investigate this.
There is no maximum on the length of identifiers and that is why this is not in the manual.  Unless you really retrieve a lot of data like all cDNA sequences for all genes at once, you might see your query fail as the download of the data is to big, but then it should return nothing at all.

Best,
Steffen