[BioC] About Illumina annotation packages lumixxxAll.db

Pan Du dupan at northwestern.edu
Fri May 2 23:00:38 CEST 2008

Hi Bob,

I guess the chip you use is Version 1.1 R2, which includes some new probes
not included in the old releases (lumiMouseV1 was based on version 1.1 R0
and version 1.0).

 I am not sure how to output annotation information in the BeadStudio in our
microarray core here. I will check with them later. Another way is to unzip
the manifest file (.bgx), which basically is zipped by gzip. You can open
the unzipped file (basically it is a text file) and check whether there is a
probe sequence column. If so, you can use this file to convert the Ilumina
IDs as nuIDs by using:

 x.lumi = lumiR(filename, convertNuID=FALSE)
 x.lumi = addNuId2lumi(x.lumi,
annotationFile='MouseWG-6_V1_1_R2_11234304_A',
annotationColName=c(sequence='Probe_Sequence', probe='Probe_Id'))

Here suppose 'MouseWG-6_V1_1_R2_11234304_A' is the manifest file you use.
Tell me if this does not work for you.

Have a nice weekend,

Pan