[BioC] LumiBatch: problem when renaming samples

Cei Abreu-Goodger cei at sanger.ac.uk
Mon May 5 19:10:34 CEST 2008

Hi all, this seems like a bug to me, but please correct me if I'm doing
something wrong. If I rename the samples of a LumiBatch object, I can no
longer subset them by name (with numbers it still works). Here's an
example, followed by my sessionInfo.

library(lumi)
data(example.lumi)

# This works
example.lumi[,sampleNames(example.lumi)]

# But if I rename the samples
sampleNames(example.lumi) <- gsub("0","",sampleNames(example.lumi))

# It no longer works
example.lumi[,sampleNames(example.lumi)]

#Error in example.lumi[, sampleNames(example.lumi)] :
#  subscript out of bounds

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.7.0 (2008-04-22)
i386-apple-darwin8.10.1

locale:

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices datasets  tools     utils     methods
[8] base

other attached packages:
[1] lumi_1.6.0           mgcv_1.3-30          affy_1.18.0
[4] preprocessCore_1.2.0 affyio_1.8.0         Biobase_2.0.0