[BioC] xps Error in exonLevel(exonlevel, chiptype) : invalid argument ‘exonlevel’

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Sat May 10 02:00:27 CEST 2008

Dear Dick

When you look at the Affymetrix libraryfile "MoGene-1_0-st-v1.r3.mps"
used for ExpressionConsole you will see that it contains 35557 entries,
while the Affymetrix annotation file
"MoGene-1_0-st-v1.na25.mm9.transcript.csv" contains 35567 entries.
The annotation file contains in column "category" following categories:
main, control->affx, control->bgp->antigenomic, normgene->exon,
normgene->intron

Since "control->bgp->antigenomic, normgene->exon, normgene->intron" have
no annotation, I do not use these probesets, which explains the
difference to ExpressionConsole.

Even if I would use exactly the same probesets as the ExpressionConsole,
the results would be different, since ExpressionConsole uses only
"Sketch-Quantile" normalization to avoid memory  problems, and not the
usual quantile normalization.

If you want to test if my implementation of the RMA algorithm is
correct, please use e.g. HG-U133_Plus_2 data. You will see that you will
get the same results as the "affy" package.

Best regards
Christian