[BioC] Help using ENSMUSG ids in GOstats

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Sun May 11 00:07:39 CEST 2008

John Reid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some sets of genes I wish to test for enrichment against a
> background set of genes. These genes are identified by Ensembl
> identifiers. I have found it quite straightforward to use the topGO
> package to do this.
>
> I would also like to use the GOstats package and test for enrichment
> against KEGG pathways. It looks as if I need to create an annotation
> package to do this. Is this straightforward? I didn't find out how to do
> it from the documentation. My guess is that someone has been in this

  Hi John,
    You don't give us much to work from.

I am guessing you have not looked at either AnnotationDbi or AnnBuilder
as packages that you can use to build an annotation package.

    I am also guessing you have not searched the email list archives for
any of the several previous discussions (that is a good place to start).

   You don't tell us what organism, but I suspect that you could simply
use one of the organism based annotation packages (without needing to
build anything).  There are several previous threads on how to do that.

   Best wishes
     Robert

> situation before. I should say the genes come from a computational
> analysis and not from a microarray.
>
> Any help appreciated,
> John.

> Search the archives: