[BioC] computation of average of all probes but not the actual

Thomas Girke thomas.girke at ucr.edu
Sun May 11 02:28:09 CEST 2008

You can try:
mytable <- array(1:20, dim=c(4,5))
averages <- apply(mytable, 1, function(x) sapply(1:length(x), function(y) mean(x[-y])))
averages <- t(averages)
result <- mytable/averages

Thomas

On Sun 05/11/08 01:53, Dr Balazs Gyorffy wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Lets say, we have a table, and want to divide the values with the row averages:
>
> mytable <- array(1:20, dim=c(4,5))
> averages <- apply(mytable, 1, mean)
> result <- mytable/averages
>
> How can I make this in a way in which each probe is divided by an average which
> was calulated by all probes excluding the actual probe?
>
> Thank you:
> Balazs
>

> -------------------------
> Bal?zs GY?RFFY MD, PhD
> Children's Hospital Boston Informatics Program
> Harvard-MIT Health Sciences and Technology
> 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, USA
> Enders 150.6
> Tel: +1 617 919 2654
> Email: zsalab2 at yahoo.com
>

>       Nicht vergessen! Am Sonntag, den 11. Mai ist Muttertag
> Geschenkideen, Gedichte & mehr: www.yahoo.de/muttertag

Thomas Girke
Assistant Professor of Bioinformatics
Director, IIGB Bioinformatic Facility
Center for Plant Cell Biology (CEPCEB)
Institute for Integrative Genome Biology (IIGB)
Department of Botany and Plant Sciences
1008 Noel T. Keen Hall
University of California
Riverside, CA 92521