[BioC] limma: plotMA for RGList objects

Philipp Pagel p.pagel at wzw.tum.de
Tue May 20 23:07:27 CEST 2008

With a recent update of bioconductor it appears to me that a little bug has
been introduced into plotMA() in the limma package:

Selecting the desired array with plotMA(foo, array=2) does not work
anymore if foo is an RGList.

The reason seems to be a small change in the respective part of the  source code
from

  MA <- MA.RG(MA[, array])
  array <- 1

in limma 2.12.0 (2007/09/25)

  array <- 1
  MA <- MA.RG(MA[, array])

in limma 2.14.1 (2008/05/08).

In fact, I didn't understand why array is set to 1 in the first place.
Or is his really a feature and I just fail to see why this is correct behavior?

cu and thanks for any enlightenment

	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Lehrstuhl für Genomorientierte Bioinformatik

 and

Institut für Bioinformatik und Systembiologie / MIPS
Helmholtz Zentrum München -
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt
Ingolstädter Landstrasse 1
85764 Neuherberg, Germany
http://mips.gsf.de/staff/pagel