[BioC] Methods for building heatmap for Illumina gene expression data

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu May 22 22:29:52 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 4:21 PM, ss <affysnp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>

> I figure heamap() can also be applied if I supply a txt file of Illumina
> gene
> expression data based on genes of our interests. I will give it a shot.
> Thanks
> a lot. One concern I have about heatmap() is that how it could generate a
> heatmap with green, black, red colors. Adding some parameters to do so?

Hi, Allen.  As for illumina data, I would look into using the
beadarray or lumi packages.  No reason to use excel for these types of
things.

As for heatmap, try searching the mailing list here:

http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor

If you type in the keywords heatmap and color, you will see numerous
potential possibilities.

Sean