[BioC] Can't load the arabidopsis.db annotation package created in AnnotationDbi

Groot, Philip de philip.degroot at wur.nl
Mon Nov 3 21:13:50 CET 2008

Oops,

Sorry, I should have known! Here you have it:

> library(ath1attair.db)
Welcome to Bioconductor
  Vignettes contain introductory material. To view, type
  'openVignette()'. To cite Bioconductor, see
  'citation("Biobase")' and for packages 'citation(pkgname)'.
Error in sqliteExecStatement(con, statement, bind.data) :
  RS-DBI driver: (error in statement: no such table: chrlengths)
Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'ath1attair.db'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'ath1attair.db'
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.8.0 (2008-10-20)
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
locale:
LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8;LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8;LC_MONETARY=C;LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8;LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C
attached base packages:
[1] tools     stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods
[8] base
other attached packages:
[1] RSQLite_0.7-0       DBI_0.2-4           AnnotationDbi_1.4.0
[4] Biobase_2.2.0

What I think that is going on is that no chrlength information is available and hence the generation of this table is skipped. However, on library load it is still checked whether this table is available...

Regards,

Philip

________________________________

	I created an arabidopsis library based on the MBNI custom CDF version 10 (TAIR), see http://nugo-r.bioinformatics.nl/NuGO_R.html. In BioC 2.2 all works very well. However, when trying to load the package in R-2.8.0/BioC 2.3, I get the following error message:

	> library(ath1attair.db)
	Error in sqliteExecStatement(con, statement, bind.data) :
	 RS-DBI driver: (error in statement: no such table: chrlengths)
	Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'ath1attair.db'
	Error: package/namespace load failed for 'ath1attair.db'

	Rebuilding the library with the "makeARABIDOPSISCHIP_DB" function did not solve the problem. The library installs without error message, but fails to load.

	The error message is obvious (no chrlengths table), but how can I solve this problem?

Hi, Philip.  I think you will need to include your sessionInfo() so that folks can see versions of AnnotationDbi, RSQLite, etc.

Sean