[BioC] missing functions in affy package

Rachael Hageman Rachael.Hageman at jax.org
Mon Nov 3 23:02:04 CET 2008

Thank you both.
I now have it working!
Best Wishes,
Rachael Hageman
From: Wolfgang Huber [huber at ebi.ac.uk]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 4:55 PM
To: James W. MacDonald
Cc: Rachael Hageman; bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: Re: [BioC] missing functions in affy package

Hi Rachel,

I suspect that you were using the "normalize.quantiles"  function from the
"preprocessCore" package. When affy did not have a namespace, that package
would automatically be attached whenever you said: library("affy"). Now,
it is then only loaded but not attached.

The easiest solution for you is probably:

> library("preprocessCore")
> normalize.quantiles
function (x, copy = TRUE)
{
    rows <- dim(x)[1]
    cols <- dim(x)[2]
    if (!is.matrix(x)) {
        stop("Matrix expected in normalize.quantiles")
    }
    if (is.integer(x)) {
        x <- matrix(as.double(x), rows, cols)
        copy <- FALSE
    }
    .Call("R_qnorm_c_handleNA", x, copy, PACKAGE = "preprocessCore")
}
<environment: namespace:preprocessCore>

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.8.0 (2008-10-20)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United Kingdom.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
Kingdom.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
Kingdom.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United Kingdom.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] preprocessCore_1.4.0

Wolfgang Huber