[BioC] Quantile normalization of MiRNA array data

Matthew Neville matthew.neville at oxlip.ox.ac.uk
Tue Nov 11 23:45:00 CET 2008

HI,

I am trying to quantile normalize my Agilent MiRNA array data.

I have been following some instructions that should have worked:

i have performed > read.table(), then corrected my data for Negative
values then >Log2() transformed.

My instructions were to then load the (affy) package then do:

 > normalize.quantiles(as.matrix(log2_file_name))

but there does not seem to be a normalize.quantiles() function.

I am running R 2.8.0 with affy_1.20.0.  Was this function from a
previous version of affy or am i doing something stupid

regards

Matt (doesn't really know what he is doing) Nev