[BioC] Howto Pass List in useDataset of biomaRt

Gundala Viswanath gundalav at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 11:54:06 CET 2008

Dear all,

I want to pass several datasets for useDataset function.
However I tried this with failure:

> mart<-useDataset(c("scerevisiae_gene_ensembl","gaculeatus_gene_ensembl"),mart)

XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document
Extra content at the end of the document
Error: 1: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document
2: Extra content at the end of the document
In addition: Warning message:
In if (is.na(match(dataset, validDatasets$dataset))) stop(paste("The
given dataset: ",  :
  the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used

Is there a way to do it correctly?

In the end I am trying to extract position of various chromosomes from different
species using getBM function.

- Gundala Viswanath
Jakarta - Indonesia