[BioC] (no subject)

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Mon Nov 17 18:10:41 CET 2008

Raffaele calogero wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 4:59 PM, McGee, Monnie <mmcgee at mail.smu.edu> wrote:
> Dear Monnie,
> thank you for your answer.
> I Rgraphviz is always somehow problematic on windows computers.
> I do not think I have to download Graphviz since it was never
> necessary before on  packages compiled for windows. The strange point
> is that I can load and use without problems the Bioconductor 2.1
> Rgraphviz version.

Windows versions of Rgraphviz working with R 2.7.* or 2.8.* require that
you have graphviz installed. It must be a specific version of Graphviz.
The README file for the CURRENT version (for use with R-2.8.*) of
Rgraphviz says

> Windows
> =======
>
> Nov 4, 2008
>
> Here are the steps to build Rgraphviz on Windows:
>
> o. install graphviz ***2.20.3*** Windows ***binary*** distribution from
>       http://www.graphviz.org/pub/graphviz/stable/windows/graphviz-2.20.3.msi
>    , say, in dir $DIR.  We use the following as an example:
>          C:\Graphviz-2.21
>    .  If you install it in other dir, just use your dir correspondingly.
>
> o. set the following Windows environment variables accordingly
>    (control panel -> systems -> Advanced -> Environment Variables ):
>    (a) create new user variables:
>      GRAPHVIZ_INSTALL_DIR   (e.g., C:\Graphviz-2.21)
>      GRAPHVIZ_INSTALL_MAJOR (e.g., 2)
>      GRAPHVIZ_INSTALL_MINOR (e.g., 20)
>
>      Notice the way "\/" are used for the paths above.
>
>    (b) add to user variable 'path': $GRAPHVIZ_INSTALL_DIR/bin
>      e.g., C:\Graphviz-2.21\bin
>
> o. run "R CMD INSTALL ...Rgraphviz" as usual

The specific version of graphviz is different for R-2.7.*.

Martin

--
Martin Morgan
1100 Fairview Ave. N.