[BioC] Illumina Methylation. Normalization and statistics

Michael Walter michael.walter at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Nov 20 14:57:10 CET 2008

Dear Sean,

Thanks for your answers. I have one array probed with fully methylated DNA purchased by ZYMO. Here all beta values should be 1, which they aren't, of course. Can I use these values to normalize the rest of my arrays? Let assume my fully methylated value is 0.7 and my actual value is 0.5 then I would correct my beta to 0.5/0.7?

best Regards,

Mike