[BioC] Hello Sir/ Madam, a help needed

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Thu Nov 20 18:07:12 CET 2008

Actually, you can do a statistical test if you are willing to assume
that the variance does not change with treatment (which is the usual
ANOVA assumption),
because the first set of arrays includes biological replication.

However, I have not offered advice on this design because I am not
familiar with Illumina arrays.  If they are like 1-channel arrays,
you can use limma or maanova.
There are 3 treatments, and the technical replicate is a block.  This
is highly unbalanced, and you analysis would probably be simpler if
you take the "better" of the 2 technical replicates, where "better"
refers to array quality.

Then you just have an unbalanced 1-way ANOVA and analysis in limma or
maanova should be straight-forward.

If they are not like 1-channel arrays, then I defer to those who are
familiar with this platform.

--Naomi