[BioC] How are GO2PROBE built

john seers (IFR) john.seers at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Oct 2 14:18:29 CEST 2008

Hi Sean

Turning this into a more general question. Whenever I have to deal with
a new type of Affymetrix array I seem to have to root around
Bioconductor packages to find out how it is annotated etc. By the time I
come around to do it again it has all changed and is done in a different
way to how it was done before. My difficulty is it all feels a bit adhoc
and comes at me in bits and pieces. Also I always feel there is probably
a better way to do it that I am missing.

Is there anywhere information that gives a better big picture that pulls
it together a bit? What are the foundation designs/philosophy that all
the packages are following? Is there a routemap type document that
describes Bioconductor's approach to all this?

Any pointers to useful information gratefully received.

Thanks.

John Seers

---