[BioC] cannot install rsbml

Richard Birnie richard.birnie at pro-cure.uk.com
Fri Oct 3 09:32:15 CEST 2008

Dear list,

I'm trying to install the package rsbml from bioconductor. I followed the
instructions on http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.2/bioc/html/rsbml.html
i.e. ran the commands
source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("rsbml").

The installation consistently fails with this error:
####################
make: *** [check.o] Error 1
chmod: cannot access `/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/rsbml/libs/*': No such
file or directory
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'rsbml'
** Removing '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/rsbml'
####################

It is true that the directory does not exist but I have no idea why or what I
need to do about it. My session info is

###################
sessionInfo()
R version 2.6.2 (2008-02-08)
i486-pc-linux-gnu

locale:
LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=en_GB.UTF-8;LC_COLLATE=en_GB.UTF-8;LC_MONETARY=en_GB.UTF-8;LC_MESSAGES=en_GB.UTF-8;LC_PAPER=en_GB.UTF-8;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=en_GB.UTF-8;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

[1] rcompgen_0.1-17 tools_2.6.2
###################

I have libsbml installed which was done by running the following commands:
./configure --with-python --with-bzip2=no
make
sudo make install

Can anybody suggest what I need to do.

thanks,
Richard
--
Dr Richard Birnie
Research Scientist
Email richard.birnie at pro-cure.uk.com
www.pro-cure.uk.com
CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED. This email and any attachment(s) are
confidential and may contain privileged information. It is intended solely
for the addressee(s). If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and remove it from your system.