[BioC] how to combine microarray data and phenotype data into a least squares analysis?

Martin Martin.bonke at kotiportti.fi
Mon Oct 6 10:55:18 CEST 2008

Mikhail, Amy <a.mikhail at ...> writes:

> name is plsgenomics - you can download it from CRAN and it will take your data
as is (experiments in columns,
> genes in rows).
>
> Also there is a nice paper by Mevik and Wehrens (2007) with examples for the
pls package (also in CRAN) which I
> found to be very useful for explaining how it works and how to do pls analyses
generally.  You can find it here:

> http://www.jstatsoft.org/v18/i02/paper
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Best wishes,
> Amy

Hi Amy,

Many thanks for that reference, I will be looking into all of if this week, also
the limma package references by James and Otto seem to have possibilities,
though the time course example in the Limma instructions is somewhat limited
with only three stages, whereas I am looking at a range of 96 phenotypic data
points.

Best wishes,
Martin