[BioC] Overlapping genes in subsets of lists

Thomas Hampton Thomas.H.Hampton at Dartmouth.edu
Wed Oct 8 15:23:52 CEST 2008

I would use the table function in R, which will tell you how many
times gene X appears. If you have 100 lists, the maximum frequency
is 100, as long as you make each gene unique on any given list.

Then you can sort by frequency to see which genes come up most often.

Another approach I have used is to hierarchically cluster the the lists,
which will tell you which gene lists have the most genes in common.

Hope this helps,

Tom