[BioC] Overlay Density Plot for FlowSet

Florian Hahne fhahne at fhcrc.org
Fri Oct 10 07:03:50 CEST 2008

Hi Aric, sorry for the late reply, I didn't follow the mailing list
the past several days.
Looks like a bug in flowViz on the Mac. Things are fine on my Linux
box, but I get the same strange behavior on my Macbook.
There will be many changes and bug fixes with the upcoming release (in
about two weeks, I think), and as far as I can tell right now this
issue is already fixed in the latest devel version. There will also be
significantly updated documentation and vignettes available, the
current one is very slim, to put it nicely :)

I will check into this in more detail and get back to you tomorrow.
Did the contour plot errors go away with the update? And what about
the gate on the density plots? I am afraid I still don't get what the
CD3.4.fp3Live.subset flowSet is. Is that the result of the subsetting
operation using rectCCR7.filter? If that is the case you won't see the
gate on the plot. We don't plot lines of gate boundaries on
densityplots, but indicate the gate region by color shading. And if
your plot the data after subsetting, the whole density region will be
in the gate, hence the whole area will be shaded. It would be very
helpful if you could send me a coherent piece of code that indicates
what you try to do, ideally beginning at data import. It looks like
you are only interested in two frames in the set, and sending either
the two FCS files or a serialized version of CD3.4.fp3Livet[c(5,4)] to
my FHCRC email address (fhahne add fhcrc dot org) would be very helpful.
Florian