[BioC] Manual annotation of ExpressionSet object created from scratch

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Mon Oct 13 23:48:09 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Michael Muratet
<mmuratet at hudsonalpha.org> wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I have an ExpressionSet object that I created from scratch with expression
> data for features identified with Ensembl transcript IDs. The ExpressionSet
> constructor wants a character string for annotation data. Is there another
> way to populate the slot? From an AnnotatedDataFrame? Should I write a
> function that pulls in the data with biomaRt?

Hi, Mike.  Perhaps you can show us what you mean.  If you are talking
about the annotation data slot, that is meant to be the string name of
the annotation data package associated with the array.  I guess that
you do not have an annotation data package for the array, so you can
leave out that slot when creating the ExpressionSet.  If you have
problems, it is best to post the code and, of course, your
sessionInfo().

Sean