[BioC] duplicate correlation of 4 "within array replicates" limmaGUI

Christine Voellenkle christine.voellenkle at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 13:38:53 CEST 2008

Dear Gordon, excuse me the last mail, I wasn't aware of the fact hatbI sent
it to you personally.

Dear Gordon,
thank you a lot for your fast answer!
I attached a schema of the slide-design, also with an example of the 4
replicates, hoping that like this I could explain it sufficiently.
For my understanding the replicates are regularly arranged.
As example mir 16, which we use as control mir, its 4 replicates can be
found in block 5, block 13, block 21 and block 29, always with the same
coordinates: column 9, row 3.
If I count along the column there are 21 spots between the replicates (NOT
counting the replicates), if I count along rows there 127 spots between the
replicates, but also this leads to an error message
I could not imagine another way to count the distance.
I followed your advice, to see if limma tells me the distance using the
comand getLayout, but as spacing he tells me not available/missing value

$ngrid.r
[1] 8
$ngrid.c
[1] 4
$nspot.r
[1] 11
$nspot.c
[1] 16
$ndups
[1] 4
$spacing
[1] NA
attr(,"class")
[1] "PrintLayout"

Since limma recognizes the 4 replicates
$ndups
[1] 4
optimistically I tried spacing 1, but this results in a very weired top
table list, where the 4 replicates are shrinked to 2 and other mirs are
missing completely, obviously this doesn't work.
What would you advice?
Thanks a lot, Christine

--
Dr. Christine Völlenkle, Ph.D.
Research Laboratories-Molecular Cardiology
email: christine.voellenkle at gmail.com